Senanayake Lanka Oil Mills (Pvt) Ltd
Our VisionTo be the most reliable manufacturer and marketer of high quality organic virgin coconut oil and other organic coconut kernel products to local and International markets.
Our MissionManufacture best quality organic virgin coconut oil and other coconut kernel based products using advanced technology and International Certification methods.
Promote integrated cultivation methods for organic agriculture among the farmer communities engaged in cultivating coconut palms thereby helping them to achieve economic and social benefits.
Promote health benefits of consuming organically produced coconut kernel products among the consumers in local and international markets
- Manufacture and market a range of organic coconut kernel products to help communities to lead a happy and healthy life.
- Conform to national and international regulation and standards in manufacture and distribution.
- Provide the satisfaction and pride to all stakeholders associated with the company and its products.
- Create an organizational environment that will motivate the staff members to be dedicated to achieving the company goals.
Founder Chairman & Managing Director
The founder of our company Mr.Thusitha Senanayake is a native son of the village of Elabadagama and comes from an entrepreneur family. His father was a successful businessman who engaged in rice milling industry for many decades. Having turned to manufacturing coconut oil he envisioned the need for small and medium scale farming community to engage in cultivating coconut palms using the organic method resulting in promoting health and wealth of their families .
Our StakeholdersConsumers – Organic Virgin Coconut oil gives immense nutritional and medicinal benefits that will be delivered using modern marketing infrastructure.
Farmer Community – Small and medium scale farmers can get maximum returns on their investment and efforts taken to grow and maintain coconut groves that yield the required quality coconuts while all their produce is valued and properly remunerated.
Society – Society gains through healthy living by its population, higher economic gains to growers and much needed ecological balance. The company delivers healthy products, generate local employment and follow environment friendly practices to create a win-win situation for all members of the society. .
How We Make Organic Virgin Coconut OilCoconuts for processing are received from organically certified plantations. Virgin coconut oil is manufactured using fresh coconut meat obtained from these coconuts. In this method, minimal heat is applied to quickly dry the coconut meat, and the oil is then pressed out from it using mechanical means. Oil obtained in this process is nearly colorless, with a sweet taste and a mild nutty aroma and can be called the purest form of coconut oil. Natural, pure virgin coconut oil is very stable and has a shelf life of several years.
ISO Certified Production FacilityOur production facility is equipped with state of art machinery that can handle 5MT of organic virgin Coconut oil per day and cater to the buyer's requirements.
ISO 22000:2005 certificate awarded to the company implies that chemical, physical and biological hazards encountered during production or processing of the food item, as applicable to the scope of certification is controlled to make the food safe for human consumption.
Once the order is received production is planned with mastery and precision to meet the delivery on time.
Certifications• ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
• EU, USDA NOP Organic is a labeling term that indicates that the food or other agricultural product has been produced through approved methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. Synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering may not be used.
• JAS specifies Japanese Agricultural Standard for Organic Processed Foods (Notification No. 1606 of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of October 27, 2005.
• KO specifies Korean Agricultural Standard for Organic Processed Foods.
Our Food Safety PolicyWe are committed to manufacture best quality virgin coconut oil, assuring food safety and meeting expectations of our customers. In this process we shall conform to the industry related statutory and regulatory requirements of Sri Lanka.
We undertake continuous and sustainable improvements, applicable for industry best practices, intensive employee training and development to meet the need to reinforce food safety management systems at all stages of our virgin coconut oil manufacturing process.
We are committed to maintain effective and efficient system to enhance the performance of the organization to meet the stakeholders' expectation and to satisfy our customers.